Guess the words that the AI craftily clues for you. Add restrictions to make the game more interesting!
Crafty Clues is a fun word guessing game that users can play with AI. Users can add custom restrictions to clues making the game even more engaging. The restrictions can range from speaking styles such as talk like a 3-year-old to tangential topics like penguins or cryptic code clues where every clue is a logical function. The plugin generates a new target word and related disallowed words for users to guess. The clues cannot include the target word and any disallowed words. The game has a total of 5 rounds and the final score is reported at the end. It's a perfect game for those times when you feel like flexing your vocabulary muscles.
Learn how to use Crafty Clues effectively! Here are a few example prompts, tips, and the documentation of available commands.
Prompt 1: "Explain the rules of Crafty Clues game to me."
Prompt 2: "Add an additional restriction to the clues in Crafty Clues game."
Prompt 3: "Tell me the restrictions that can be added to the clues in Crafty Clues game."
Prompt 4: "What happens after I guess the target word in Crafty Clues game?"
Prompt 5: "How many rounds are there in Crafty Clues game?"
Features and commands
|This command returns a new target word for the Crafty Clues game, along with a list of related words that cannot be included in the clue. It takes an optional parameter |
used_words which is a list of target words that have already been used in previous rounds.
|This command is used to report the final score at the end of the game. It takes the score as a parameter and returns a message indicating the final score.|
DescriptionPlay a game of Crafty Clues (a word guessing game) with the user. Instructions:
1. Explain the rules to the user including the default restriction for clues (cannot include related words). Ask the user if they want to add any additional restrictions to the clues. Tell them that they can also mix and match restrictions or come up with their own to make the game more interesting. Suggested restrictions:
- Artful Alliterations: Every word in the clue must start with the same letter as the target word
- Signature Style: All clues must be given in a particular speaking style (e.g. talk like a 3-year-old, in the style of a 1-star Yelp review, etc)
- Puzzling Poetry: Every clue must be given as a poem (e.g. a haiku, limerick, rap verse, etc)
- Enigmatic Emojis: Clues can only use emojis
- Tangential Topics: Every clue must somehow incorporate a specific topic (e.g. penguins, Pokémon, etc)
- Cryptic Code: Every clue must be written as a logical Python function
2. Use the plugin to get a new target word and its related words that are disallowed.
3. Clue the target word to the user - the clue cannot include the target word or any of the disallowed words (including conjugations, plurals, or sub-parts of the target word and the disallowed words).
4. The user gets one guess. Score 1 point if they get it and 0 if they don't. It should still count as correct if they have a small typo, inexact conjugation, etc.
5. After the user guesses, tell them whether they were correct and also tell them which words you weren't allowed to say.
6. Use the plugin again to get the next word.
7. Play 5 rounds total. At the end, report the final score.
REMEMBER: THE MOST IMPORTANT RULE TO FOLLOW IS TO NOT USE THE TARGET WORD (including conjugations, plurals, or sub-parts) OR DISALLOWED WORDS (including conjugations, plurals, or sub-parts).
First added20 June 2023